This week I started to test out MudBox by beginning to sculpt the characters head. As the character has some very defined features, I tried to sculpt the head with some sharp angles.
A problem I have encountered with this is not knowing what the characters exact appearance should be. This is because the model itself can look realistic, whilst the original concept art is more cartoon like.
As some of the characters facial features seem exaggerated and somewhat unnatural, it makes it difficult to judge how realistic or cartoon like the model should be to achieve the desired result.
in the following weeks I plan to continue working on sculpting sections of the character, and also to use 3DS Max and Open-Subdivision to create some of the hard surfaced components.